I’ve decided that Fridays will be my “check-in” posts.
There was an Underground Writers’ meeting last night, so we discussed how we did on our goals from last week, and what our new goals were.
Goals from last week:
- blog M-W-F (did it!)
- finish editing Hide-and-Seek (did it!)
- finish editing Guilty Conscience and submit it for critique (did it!)
- finish current chapter of Darkness Awakens (didn’t finish it, but I did work on it a little…)
Goals for the upcoming week:
- blog M-W-F
- critique Julia from the UW’s piece
- finish chapter 12 of Darkness Awakens
- look up markets for short story submissions
What I’ve been reading:
- Terry Pratchett’s The Color of Magic (about halfway through)
- Stephenie Meyers’ The Host (just started it – again)
- Tanya Huff’s The Enchantment Emporium (about halfway through)
- Lesley Livingston’s Wondrous Strange (done – it was lovely, can’t wait to read Darklight, the next book in the series)
- Evolve, a vampire anthology edited by Nancy Kirpatrick (done – very much enjoyed seeing all the different takes on vampires)
- Randolph Lalonde’s Fracture (done – can’t wait for Fragments to come out next month)
Well, as the title suggests, I’ve been getting some outdoor writing done. It’s just too nice out not to enjoy the weather. Actually, it’s getting a little gloomy and windy now, but earlier today it was lovely out. So I took advantage of that by working on my WIP out on the deck. Here is a picture of my “office” for today…
It was great, and I got a lot of writing done (close to 1000 words).
That’s it for me, for now. See you next week! 🙂